Thursday, November 8, 2007



I’m so excited I can hardly contain myself! I can’t believe what once was a glimmer of a dream is now coming true!

I’m Heather by-the-way, one third of the ICE Escape Team. I am a stay at home Mom (who doesn’t seem to stay at home a whole lot) with 3 kids, a cat and a hubby of 12 years. I stared to officially scrapbook after my first was born almost 10 years ago. My hobby has grown from a way to preserve photos, to an art, and well now its just an obsession. Through Scrapbooking I have meet the best friends I have ever had, had some of the best times I have ever experienced, it has helped me grow, helped me learn who I am, helped me cope with everyday life & its challenges, and now its helping me make my dreams come true.

A few years ago I had an idea. I wanted a scrapbook retreat, not just another scrapbook event but a real retreat, a place we could go relax, laugh, and hopefully get some pages done in the process. So that’s just what I did. Every year a group of about 50 scrappers caravanned up to McCall in the spring, with our trunks filled with scrappin supplies ready to get serious about playing with paper & scissors. We stayed up in the wee hours scrapping to our hearts content. We laughed, we cried, we bonded, we didn’t want to come home!

Well after the first retreat word spread and ever since I have had a waiting list of people wanting to attend. So many times I was told that people looked forward to the weekend to get caught up (whatever that is…), for many those 3 days were more productive than the whole rest of the year!
Because of the popularity of my little weekend retreat get away, I had an idea. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to offer a weekend retreat in Boise to all scrappers, and make it even bigger & better ? So I enlisted my two friends Nancy & Tracy to join me on this adventure. And the Ice Escape was born!

The 3 of us have spent countless hours planning an event here in Boise like the Treasure Valley has never seen. I can tell you that its going to be an weekend that no scrapper will want to miss. We are going to have so much fun, you will never laugh so hard, you will be creatively inspired, you will get that much needed girl time in, you’ll feel pampered & special, and you are going to be amazed! So if you wanna be one of the COOL girls come join us, you’ll be glad you did!!



This is me holding one of the gift baskets I put together for the reterat attendees





5 comments:

Kim Ross said...

What's not to like about a big bunch of papercrafting in Boise? LOVE IT!! :) Let me know when the attendee registration can begin!

SuzyQ said...

Woohoo! It's looking great so far! I am so excited!

cjknick said...

Super dooper cute, Heather! Who did your logo? I love it. You can count on me being there this May. Wouldn't miss it.

Congrats!

Cindy

Scrappergal in Idaho said...

This sounds like a total blast. I'm so ready for this. Good luck with this endeavor.

VanC said...

So glad you've pulled this together so I can come. My sis has praised the retreats to the skies!! Can't wait!!