Friday, May 9, 2008

All I ever needed to know I learned from Karate...

Integrity:
It has been a word I’ve been thinking a lot about today. It reminds me of when my son was in karate and they would recite…

“Integrity, doing what is right even when no one is looking”

I would like to think I have lived my life with Integrity, sure I may have failed from time to time but overall its something I have strived for. Not only has integrity been an important aspect of my charter I have tried hard to maintain that throughout ICE.

As I was thinking about Integrity and the journey my son made through 4 years of karate I decided to take a little time to reflect and enjoy the album I created for him. I thought it was appropriate to share here with you, because this album also uses the KISS method of scrapbooking. (Which I shared in the last Tuesday Inspiration)


I created this album a couple of years ago, but decided to keep it simple. And you know, I’m glad I did. The pages showcase each and every belt my son worked & earned all the way through his black belt. Each page tells the story of the belts, what they represent and the student’s journey to black belt.


These pages won’t make it into any scrapbook magazine, or even be CASED . But what is really important is they are scrapped in a way that Honors the pictures, the person, and the sport. When I wanted to go look at those pictures they were easy to find and easy to enjoy, not stashed away in a box in my never ending “I’ll get to that someday pile”. I think so many people (especially new scrappers) get overwhelmed by what’s out there and the intense creativity of scrapbooking.



I hope you all have a wonderful Mother’s day weekend. Remember scrapbooking is preserving our memories but most of all a hobby to be enjoyed. Don’t let the daunting task of starting a huge project keep you from starting, whether it be a KISS project or a piece of original & unique art be true to who you are, and get those photos from boxes and into albums!



No comments: